Dear Families & Colleagues,
I am writing this message to give an update on Sahara Service’s response to the novel Coronavirus (Covid-19).
WHO formally announced that COVID-19 is a pandemic – a worldwide disease epidemic yesterday based on statistics as on March 13, there are 78 confirmed cases in NSW with 3 reported deaths.
Sahara Services has not received any reports from our clients or employees that they have contracted COVID-19 or that they have any symptoms associated with it.
Sahara Services continues to actively engage with Public health authorities to guide our decision-making including steps required to be taken for prevention and containment of the disease, as well as continuity of our services.
Prevention is our priority through reinforcement of infection control protocols for all clients, staff and visitors. These include,
- Regular hand washing & sanitizing.
- Correct sneezing and coughing etiquette.
- Correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Thorough cleaning of facilities, equipment, door handles & utensils.
Moreover, we are also:
- Requesting anyone who is feeling unwell to stay home and seek medical advice.
- Identifying anyone returning from overseas destinations that have been identified as high risk and asking them not to come to Sahara Services and self-isolate for at least the recommended period.
- Increasing monitoring of visitors to our sites.