Accessing our services
Sahara Services is an approved National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider. The NDIS is an Australian Government scheme that funds disability associated costs. The scheme is run by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) and is expected to be fully operational across Australian in 2020.
Accessing services that will support you to become independent
What is included in NDIS funding
The funding in your NDIS plan can include:
- Core funding: e.g. funding for daily living assistance and participation,
- Capital funding: e.g. one-off items such as equipment and technology,
- Capacity funding: e.g. to help build your skills, health and wellbeing.
The inclusions will depend on your planning meeting, needs and subsequent assessment.
How to manage your NDIS plan
Your NDIS plan can be managed in one of the following ways:
- By you, or someone you nominate,
- A registered plan management provider (e.g. Sahara Services Plan Coordinator),
- The NDIS.